Best Gaming Earbuds with Mic Built-in for Communication
Last Updated on
A lot of the gamers out there prefer to keep their equipment as compact and portable as possible. Even though hardcore gaming headsets with surround sound and more are very popular, there is a market for gaming earbuds as well, allowing for multiple uses, including music and other activities.
If you’re interested in gaming earbuds, you’re obviously looking for a few set features, including stereo sound, good enough for spacial awareness and a high quality mic for team chats and voice coordination.
That’s why we’ve compiled the list below featuring the best gaming earbuds with mic built into them for a great mix of economy and performance. Let’s get going.
#1. BEES In-Ear Earbuds with Mic:
BEES’ earbuds are a budget offering, making for the cheapest gaming earbuds you can get your hands on for under $10.
There isn’t anything spectacular about the design of these earbuds. They are very minimal and sleek though and come with a flat cord which is great for keeping them tangle free.
For $10, these earbuds have very good sound output. Directional sound is solid and even the bass isn’t all that bad – but don’t expect much if you’re looking for high quality music playback.
The in-line microphone gets the job done and that’s all you can expect in $10 earbuds. You may want to make sure the mic is turned towards the outside so it can catch your voice during gaming sessions.
In the end it comes down to pricing and economy with these earbuds and you get the most bang for 10 bucks you can ever expect.
#2. Turtle Beach Call of Duty Gaming Earbuds:
Turtle Beach has manufactured several decent gaming headsets and now they’ve got earbuds to their name too. These Call of Duty Black Ops II themed earbuds feature large 10mm drivers and provide decent sound output for a not so high $35 price tag.
- HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO – Large 10mm drivers with neodymium magnets for premium audio quality
- NOISE-ISOLATING DESIGN – Creates a superior fit to block out ambient noise and distractions
- CLOTH-BRAIDED CABLE – High quality materials provide durability and premium styling
- IN-LINE MICROPHONE – Provides crystal-clear communication for hands-free calling or chatting during online game play
These earbuds are themed after the popular Call of Duty Black Ops franchise, featuring the game’s orange and black color scheme. They are made for a good grip and a tilted, around-the-ear angle for stability so you can focus on playing rather than keeping your earbuds in.
The cable is also braided for extra strength and reliability, and you won’t be losing these earbuds to tugs and pulls as soon as non-braided ones.
These earbuds feature a 10mm driver and the output is very respectable both in terms of volume and sound quality. Bass is also not a problem and directional audio is quite clear, making for enhanced gaming, especially in first person shooters. The design not only makes for a solid fit but also reduced external noise.
Once again, the mic does what you expect and works well both in communication and casual sound recording. Voice quality is quite clear with the in-line design and you also get a button for music control etc.
If you’re looking for decent gaming earbuds without breaking the bank, this pair is good value for money at $35.
#3. Edifier P270 In-ear Earbuds:
If you’re looking for a more versatile pair of earbuds for gaming that you can also use for your music players and phones etc, you can take a look at Edifier’s P270 in-ear earbuds that will set you back $20.
- INLINE MIC AND CONTROL – Pick up a call or skip to next track with one-button in-line control. In-line microphone ensures clear communication on the go.
- COMFORTABLE FIT and SEAL – Small, medium and large silicone gel pads included for the snug fit, better seal for bass performance
- NATURAL BALANCED SOUND – Tuned to respond well across the frequency spectrum, enjoy your music the way artists produced,or tune it to your favorite style with equalizer.
- ELEGANT STYLE – Sleek metallic alloy housing with matt finish, durable and lightweight for all-day listening. Available in black, silver and gold colors.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY – Guaranteed quality and reliability with 1 year warranty in USA and Canada.
Small, compact and a little industrial (also very similar to some Skull Candy earbuds), these sleek earbuds are portable and minimal in terms of design.
The sound quality of these earbuds should be satisfactory for any gaming needs and casual music. Unlike the Skull Candy earphones that have a similar design, these earbuds lack heavy bass. Clarity however is good and you won’t be disappointed.
The Edifier P270 comes with the standard inline mic for audio and sound and you shouldn’t have any issues communicating with your mates during gaming sessions.
#4. Mad Catz E.S. PRO 1 Gaming Earbuds:
This Mad Catz offering is among the best gaming earbuds you’ll find that cost relatively reasonable compared to the performance you get.
- Multiplatform Gamer: Play anywhere with a 35mm audio cable that links directly to console controllers, laptops, and mobile devices
- ES PRO 1 has a 13.5mm speaker that’s larger than most gaming earbuds Plus, a bigger ear-can boasts fantastic clarity and bass response
- Dual Mics for Clear Chat: Its go beyond PC headsets with only 1 microphone An omnidirectional boom is ideal for gaming, and detaches for music or movies
- Adjustable Ergonomics: Gaming headphones with mic should be comfortable, and ES PRO 1 delivers
- Easy In-line Controls: Adjust game volume or mute the mic, all without taking a break from the action
Featuring a vibrant neon theme, these earbuds certainly gain attention with their appearance. While the in-ear piece is small for comfort, the actual speakers at the back are powerful, delivering clear audio at high volumes and solid bass.
You also get an extra long cable, allowing you to use the earbuds with a variety of devices, including PCs and consoles, comfortably.
As mentioned earlier, the extra large speakers make for solid bass and loud, crisp, stereo sound that will delight any gamer and make for enjoyable music as well.
Unlike most other earbuds, this pair offers a dual-mic setup, with one in-line mic and one detachable mic for high performance gaming communication.
If you’re looking for a solid entry that is not exorbitantly priced, these earbuds are a good bet at $50.
#5. Razer Hammerhead Pro V2
These earbuds are manufactured by Razer, which is a brand that needs no introduction to gamers. The Hammerhead Pro V2 is an improved version featuring several enhancements and while it is a bit pricey, it’s worth the premium if you’re looking for a mix of performance and brand power.
- 10 mm extra-large dynamic drivers for stellar audio fidelity
- All-new body design with flat-style cables for toughness on the go
- In-line microphone with 3 Quick Action Control buttons for iOS and Android devices
All Razer gaming gear has green highlights and the Hammerhead is no different. You get a sleek but aggressive design with flat cables for convenience.
The earbuds feature 10mm drivers for higher volume and stronger base than it’s predecessor and you should be satisfied with the overall sound quality and clarity.
The Hammerhead Pro V2 features an omni-directional mic for better sound reception which means clearer communication during high-stress gaming.
Overall the Hammerhead is an enthusiast’s pair of gaming earbuds and the biggest pro is the solid bass output it delivers. However, it will set you back just a shade under $70, so budget buyers may want to look at other offerings.